MoonPath CUUPS Winter Solstice/
Yemaya Olokun - Yoruban Ocean Mother Orisha
Priested by dragnfli
We gather at 7 PM Saturday December 30th (2018) to celebrate this festive event at the Winter Solstice and the New Year at the UU Church of Fort Lauderdale and invoking Yemaya, Goddess of the Sea..
“O mio Yemaya! Hail Mother of the Fishes, La Diosa Del Mar, Goddess of the Sea. We honor you and ask for your protection, guidance and bountiful gifts. Ashe.”
· Please wear white and/or blue clothes or ritual robes.
· Bring Caribbean food and drink for the feast
· Bring 7 pennies to make a wish.
· Bring offerings of watermelon, pineapple, and white flowers.
· Bring any items you want to be blessed or consecrated for Yemaya’s altar.
· Bring your drums and percussion instruments, there will be drumming and dancing.
Today, Yule is one of the eight major holidays, sabbats or festivals of Wicca. It is celebrated on the Winter Equinox, which in the northern hemisphere is around the 21st or 22nd of December and in the southern hemisphere around the 21st of June. Its modern revival is linked to some of the oldest traditions of mankind.
Wear all-white garb. Bring food and beverage for the feast to follow.
Return to MoonPath CUUPS